Golf Course Homes
Golf communities are hugely popular in Colorado and indeed across the United States, but lingering misconceptions remain. Naturally, most notable amongst these errors is that golf communities are solely for those who love golf. After all, it’s right there in the name. However, that is certainly not the case, although there are, of course, enormous benefits for the golf aficionado.
Another popular misconception about golf communities is that they are for retirees and are, well, perhaps a little boring. Again, this is a falsehood as golf communities are often vibrant and functioning subdivisions with fantastic access to amenities and things to do.
So, if many fallacies surround the concept of golf communities, what exactly are the benefits?
Advantages of Living on a Golf Course
- Quick access to greens: While golf communities are not only for golfers, there’s no getting away from the fact that those who love the sport will be in heaven in these subdivisions, not least of all because it is possible to golf almost whenever you want. This is accompanied by the fact you have direct and quick access to the fairways and greens. If you fancy a round, you can be hitting the ball within minutes.
- Quiet: Almost all golf communities are nestled within country clubs or golf courses. These, in turn, are usually located outside major urbanized areas. Living in a golf community is like living in the countryside, albeit with all the amenities you could want within touching distance. People who value peace will gain much from living in a golf community.
- Professionally landscaped communal areas: Yes, it is fair to say a golf community is like living in the countryside, such is the tranquillity on offer. Still, one of the key differences is that the outdoor spaces and common areas will all be cared for with landscaping and daily cleaning. You won’t be walking around getting muddy feet!
- Many have clubhouses, pools, fitness room, etc. (Most are part of a Homeowners Association): While it’s hugely important to have quiet, there is also plenty of value in community spirit and having something to do (besides golf). As many communities are nestled in country clubs, homeowners have access to the various amenities of the club. Pools, gyms, bars, restaurants, communal areas, and more are usually key components of a golf community.
- There are planned events at the country club with shared interests: Country clubs are important parts of a community, a place where like-minded people gather to socialize. Often, clubs will run planned events, and the remarkable thing for homeowners in golf communities is that they share a common interest.
- Access to a golf cart is typical: While it’s not universal, most golf communities give residents golf carts to navigate the community grounds.
- Some are gated to provide extra safety: As golf communities are often located in or close to country clubs and golf courses, safety is usually a chief concern for developers. Many golf communities are gated and have security (check with the team at Gold Compass Real Estate to discuss which golf communities in Colorado are gated).
- High resale value: Thanks to all the benefits of living in golf communities listed above, properties in these subdivisions typically hold their value well. Resale values are high as golf communities are highly sought after.
Golf Course Homes for Sale Real Estate Expert
Colorado is home to hundreds of golf communities and golf course homes are very popular. Despite this, finding the best home for you can still be a daunting task. Our team at Gold Compass Real Estate are experts in golf course real estate and can help you find your dream property with confidence and knowledge. Call us at 303-325-5690 to speak to one of our experienced real estate team.